With the outbreak of COVID-19, demand across sectors has shifted dramatically. At Coople, we’re working hard to support these industries and their workers through these unpredictable times. In response to current changes in demand, we recently helped connect an online pharmacy with hundreds of skilled workers within hours.
HOW DID COOPLE HELP?
Just after the COVID-19 outbreak, online medicine orders skyrocketed. As a result, one of the biggest online pharmacies in Switzerland struggled to deliver orders to their customers and had to staff up quickly. Their traditional staffing agency couldn’t deliver on the high increase of staff required at such short notice, so they re-evaluated their options and quickly came across Coople.
By using the biggest online staffing platform in Europe, the pharmacy was able to publish a job and hire the right workers in hours. With thousands of motivated and skilled workers available, Coople’s algorithm instantly matched the job requirements with workers who had the right skills and experience.
- Keeping up with orders after an unprecedented increase due to the COVID-19 outbreak
- Recruiting 10 extra employees a day within 12 hours
- Changing traditional processes and adapting a digital approach
- Required flexibility for when the measures are relaxed
The pharmacy found a solution by stepping away from a traditional agency and embracing the Coople platform, which is available online and via an app. By making the change, the company could tap into a large pool of flexible workers at any given time.Thanks to the advanced algorithm, the online pharmacy just had to post the job online, after which the jobs were automatically matched with motivated workers who had the right skills and experience. This is what the process looked like:
- Job publication: The online pharmacy used the simple job creator in the app to create and post a job in minutes. They set the wage, role and experience they required.
- Automatic matching and reviewing: The job was then automatically matched via the Coople algorithm with workers who met the requirements. The workers were able to apply and the employer reviewed the applicants based on their CV and ratings before hiring them.
- Administration and hour confirmation: Once the job was completed, the pharmacy reviewed the hours. Next, the platform handled all the administration and the payroll.
- Fully vetted workers, with over 100 qualified candidates within a few hours.
- Fast delivery with a selection of 10 motivated workers ready to start within 12 hours.
- Time saved – there was a large amount of time saved on recruiting and ability to instantly scale in the future.