Since March, Coople has been supporting many of you via the government’s furlough (job retention) scheme. In our previous update, we indicated an end date of 31st July for these payments. We are very pleased to be able to now extend the scheme to the end of August.
What are the latest updates?
- Since 1st July you are eligible for ‘Flexible Furlough’. This means that you can take shifts on the Coople platform and you will be topped up to the level of your furlough payments.
- From 1st August the financial burden to Coople of continuing the Job Retention Scheme increases. Employers are required to pay the National Insurance and Pension contributions of those employees on furlough. While we have more and more jobs on the platform, we know that the easing of lock down measures has not yet led to the return of jobs in the way the government, and all of us, had hoped.
What actions are we taking?
We have decided to continue operating the job retention scheme during August to provide our most loyal workers financial security throughout the summer.
What does that mean for you?
- There is no action required if you wish to continue receiving Furlough payments from Coople in August. If you do not need continued payments from the Furlough scheme because you have found alternative work, please notify us and we will remove you from the scheme
- If you wish to take advantage of Flexible Furlough to keep building your skills and ratings on our platform, you can work as many shifts as you like. This is a great way to lock in those longer-term jobs, and potentially increase your income again, especially if your furlough payments haven’t been very high.
- To help you plan, we do not expect to continue operating the Furlough scheme after August (last payment will be on Friday 28th August). Our cost of operating the programme will increase further in September and our job forecast looks very healthy.
We are very pleased to be able to continue to support you in this way. Our mission is to help you reach your goals and we know that financial security is very important to be able to do this.